Static Caravan Insurance

Static caravan insurance whether residential or holiday let
We now offer Static Caravan Insurance

At Highhouse Insurance we have a variety of options available for owners who require static caravan insurance. We can cover the structure of the home itself as well as any contents. We are equally pleased to receive enquires from owners who use the property as a main residence or occupy for holiday home use, including caravans that are let on a short term rental basis.

Call us for your quotation, we cover most static caravan parks in the United Kingdom and insurance can normally be arranged the same day with premiums being paid either by credit/debit card or by monthly direct debit.

Insurance for static caravans is based upon the fact that they will remain in one place. The insurance premium will be affected by the location of the site the static home or static caravan is on, as well as the construction of it. Most static caravans are built to BS3632 standards, although some have been manufactured to the BS EN 1647 standard instead.

Static homes are usually located on privately managed holiday parks. Each holiday park must hold a local authority licence. This licence will only be awarded if the park has planning permission and a copy of it must be displayed on the park notice board. The licence will indicate whether the park is for holiday or for residential use and will also state whether the planning permission is indefinite or if there is an expiry date. The licence shows the maximum number of static homes that are permitted on site as well as fire precautions and health and safety instructions. Parks that are not privately owned, but instead are owned by the local authority, will not have a licence but must still adhere to these standards.

Most residents on these sites will own their static caravans themselves and will pay the site owner a fee for the pitch. This fee covers the maintenance of common areas as well as any services provided on site.

Many sites will not allow the static home/caravan owners to reside on site all year round. If, however, the site does allow all year round occupancy and the static home/caravan is lived in permanently, then the owner of the home/caravan is protected under the 1983 Mobile Homes Act as amended by the Housing Act 2004. This Act does not cover homes used only for holidays or occupied for only part of the year.

As there are many different styles of caravan our insurers have an insurance policy specifically designed to take this into account, and they comprehensively cover a wide variety of perils. Cover can be provided on most makes of caravan including ABI, Arronsbrook, Atlas, BK, Bluebird, Brentmere, Carnaby, Classique, Cosalt, Delta, Galaxy, IRM, Kingston, Lisset, Normandy, Omar, Pemberton, Rapid Home, Stella, Swift, Tingdene, Tudor, Victory, Wessex, Westbrook and Willerby.

Don’t worry if your home is not on this list, in all probability we will still be able to issue cover. If you would like a quotation for static caravan insurance then please feel free to call us on 01243 606552.