Key thatch insurance benefits
- Specialist knowledge of insurance for thatched properties
- Tailor made Thatch Insurance so you only pay for cover needed.
- Competitive rates and kept consistently low year on year.
- Buildings and Contents Values Indexed linked to protect you against inflation.
- Includes public liability cover upto £5,000,000 as standard.
- Speak directly to staff – No automated phone service.
Thatched Cottage Insurance
Highhouse specialise in Thatch Insurance. We have experienced staff and underwriters and are able to provide thatched cottage insurance. We covers both the important risks associated with thatch roofs combined with the unique requirements for your property.
By going direct with us there are no middleman brokerage fees. We aim to keep our rates consistent year-on-year where possible.
Highhouse thatch insurance policies can cover buildings and contents as well as accidental damage should you require it. Our policies are index linked to protect against inflation. Discounting is available for no claims, combining both your buildings and contents insurance or if you take out several policies with us.
Why do I need thatch insurance
Thatched properties cannot be placed under standard property insurance. These buildings are classified as non-standard construction and come with a greater level of risk associated with thatch roofing.
The associated higher risks that thatch properties carry is because of the extent of damage when a thatched property catches fire as well as the speed in which a fire can spread.
Thatch roof buildings are normally built with lots of character and therefore each one is usually unique. An insurance policy covering all the features to create a standard insurance for thatched properties would be very expensive.